Stand-out approach to well-being
Active Movement is more than a name. It is a way of thinking we define as ‘the taking of regular, small steps to create big behaviour change’.
This applies to any elements of well-being, particularly for the young. Behaviours introduced now can last a lifetime.
So this goes beyond just activity. The Active Movement System has developed a further layer of well-being support integrated into the programme to link with Active Events or relevant timings including
Active Mouthcare – Improving Oral Health in Primary and Early Years
Active Nutrition – Improving food education and choices in Early Years
Active Protection – Improving flu and MMR uptake, as well as handwashing in Primary and Early Years
Active School Travel – Improving our carbon footprint by reducing transport usage and increasing eco-friendly travel in Primary and Early Years
Active Mind – Currently in development to improve emotional well-being
The benefits to schools, settings and local authorities are enormous. There is no need to coordinate or plan separate campaigns as all are within a single framework. Administration for all is reduced as is planning time. Teachers, staff and parents have a single-minded message about well-being. Communication is consistent so increasing awareness. Suppliers gain easier access to locations. Shared experiences across the community lead to greater take-up.
The Active Movement system includes
- Integrated timing template
- Detailed briefing programme
- Full creative resource across each campaign including incentives
- Dedicated campaigns for Early Years, Primary School and Secondary Schools
- Launch and support communication for all
- Liaison with local organisations and suppliers in each category
- Evaluation as part of overall behaviour questionnaire
- For more information, go to the Contact