As communication skills improve and mobility increases, so the children’s learning environment in Early Years (Reception) start to become more structured in readiness for the requirements of Key Stage 1 and 2. Activity is still encouraged and children remain highly active.
The objective of the Active Movement is to continue to educate children about the power of a non-sedentary behaviour and its long-term benefits on their health.
The programme has also been designed to create linkage with Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 to maintain continuity and further establish behaviour change.
The Active Movement Early Years (Reception) Programme includes
• License to the Active Movement programme
• Teacher training session
• Comprehensive guide to content and implementation
• 12-month timing template
• Downloadable creative references
• Supply of character toys
• Launch newsletter and welcome pack
• Support service line
• Evaluation questionnaire
• Programme review
Add-on options include
• Personalisation, production and supply of creative work
• Qualitative assessment programme of teachers and parents